Canada is a preferred destination for thousands of students from across the globe for higher education. The country offers unlimited opportunities for growth to its people. It is one of the best countries to pursue higher education as the country spends more on education every year than any other country in the world. One can feel the sense of belonging to Canada as the country welcomes and accepts all cultures and religions equally and values the contribution of its immigrants. Nowhere else will one find such a diversity of cultures existing together with harmony.
Getting a degree from an institution in Canada is considered to be of great value and a person holding a degree from a Canadian Institute is highly valued in the job market.
Following are few points as to why a person should consider Canada for higher studies and settle down:
- Education– With public school education being free across the country up to grade 12 and subsidized post-secondary studies, education is a priority in Canada. It is not only the fees, but ample scholarship programs that reduce the expenditure of the students and one gets to avail the best education at minimal fees. The universities and colleges have a great reputation worldwide. As compared to any other industrialized nation, Canada is one country that spends more on education and lays stress on the quality of education. While studying, a student may also take up a part-time job that enables them to work for up to 20 hours a week.
- Standard of living– The economy of Canada is always booming. The country offers a good deal of opportunity and potential. Being a modern, growing, industrial nation, Canadians have the highest quality of life in the world. In Canada, life expectancy is 81 years which is 1 year more than OECD average of 80 years. The neat and clean environment makes for a neat and longer living.
- Health Facilities– Canada has great health care system. All the residents and citizens have the access to health care services that are publicly funded which guarantees medical coverage regardless of income level. Having access to affordable housing, free healthcare and a government that cares for its people, Canada indeed makes it to one of the most preferred countries to live in.
- Job Market– With more than 72.5 percent of individuals being employed, Canada stands high on the OECD labor market. It continues to attract skilled workers who thrive to utilize their talent to the fullest. Each year, many new jobs are created and an average Canadian earns an annual income of approximately $40,000 a year.
- Natural Beauty & Safety– Canada is a geographically diverse country. It has some of the most beautiful geology in the world. From the rugged mountainous terrain to the splendid Atlantic coastline, Canada is a place for nature lovers. The crime rate too is very low in Canada as compared to other countries.
With programs like – unemployment insurance for individuals faced with job layoffs, social welfare for people who aren’t able to work and support their families, childcare benefits and old age pension, Canada certainly is a people friendly nation.